The Cyder House Inn

GENERAL INFORMATION

TennantsRob Wooley & Neil McGill.
Address

Peper Harow Lane, Shackleford, Godalming, Surrey  GU8 6AN

Contact UsTel. 01483 810360  email. info@thecyderhouse.co.uk
MapClick Here For Map.
Own Website www.thecyderhouse.co.ukwww.thecyderhouse.co.uk
TypePubs in Shackleford, Godalming.
Pub Explorer Reference54017.
Pub Opening TimesDaily 12noon - 12mn.
PHOTO GALLERY Delicious Fish & Chips at Cyder House, Shackleford Garden at Cyder House, Shackleford

HAVE A FUNCTION WITH US

Function Room

'The Snug' We can cater for occasions such as weddings, birthdays, funeral teas etc in our separate function room. We can provide a sit down meal for up to 15 people & up to 20 buffet style. Please ring to discuss your requirements.

DINING AT OUR PUB

Homemade Traditional English Fayre, all freshly prepared & cooked to order using locally sourced ingredients, served from our own main menu and sandwich & Ploughman's menu. Childrens' portions are available. Al fresco dining in the garden is popular during the summer months. Our food philosophy is simple - good seasonal food cooked simply!

Table ServiceWe have full table service in our dining area.
Meal TimesDaily 12noon - 12mn.

GENERAL FACILITIES

OUTDOOR FACILITIESAl Fresco Dining, Beautiful Beer Garden with lots of flowers and hanging baskets, Outdoor Children's Play Area, Car Parking.
GENERAL FACILITIES Free Wi-Fi Access, Wheelchair Access, Easy Access Toilet, Baby Changing Facility.
SMOKING SOLUTION

We have a smoking shelter with heating, seating and lighting.

OTHERChildren Welcome, Dogs Welcome outside on a lead & inside, Coach Parties Welcome by prior arrangement, Debit and Credit Cards accepted except Diners card.
Cyder House, Shackleford

The Cyder House Inn is situated in the centre of the small rural village of Shackleford, surrounded by woodland, meadows and glorious views in the Surrey Hills to the south of Guildford - an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The name Shackleford is believed to derive from a 'ford' belonging to a man with the name 'Shackle' or perhaps a ford secured by chains. The village includes St. Mary's Church, built in 1865, designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott and Aldro School, which sits in the grounds of the former Hall Place, across the road from the Cyder House Inn. Originally purpose-built as a pub in the mid 1800's, this venue has undergone a number of changes over the years, including, at one point, brewing its own beer! Inside there is a restaurant area, a bar with an open fire in the winter and a “snug” area which can hold up to 15 people and is perfect for private functions. The quirky and contemporary feel inside is enhanced by exposed beams, wooden floors and neutral decor. The pub is particularly popular with ramblers as there are several walks of various difficulty starting from the pub. Come and experience our relaxed dining atmosphere, or even just stop off for a drink.